|Policy No.:||4-2||This policy applies to:|
Loyola University New Orleans generally recognizes the following paid holidays for all regular full-time employees. The 2022-2023 holiday schedule and the 2023-2024 holiday schedule with dates for the current year is posted on the Human Resources web site:
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- The Day Before or After New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (third Monday in January)
- Lundi Gras Day
- Mardi Gras Day
- Good Friday
- Easter Monday
- Memorial Day (observed)
- Independence Day
- Labor Day (first Monday in September)
- Monday of Fall Break
- Thanksgiving (fourth Thursday in November)
- Day after Thanksgiving
- The day before or after Christmas Day
- Christmas Day
Loyola University will grant paid holiday time to all regular full-time employees immediately upon assignment to an eligible employment classification.
A recognized holiday that falls on a Saturday will be observed on the preceding Friday. A recognized holiday that falls on a Sunday will be observed on the following Monday.
Paid time off for holidays will not be counted as hours worked for the purposes of determining overtime.