Master Promissory Notes + Entrance Counseling
Welcome to the instruction page of the Perkins Student Loan website for new borrowers. If you have been awarded a Federal Perkins Student Loan, you will need to complete a MPN (Master Promissory Note) and an Entrance Interview. Your Perkins loan MPN at Loyola is valid for ten years. Once you have signed your MPN, you will not need to sign a new MPN in subsequent years.
Your Perkins loan cannot be disbursed until all electronic documents are filled out completely, accurately, and are approved by the Perkins Student Loan Office. It is important that this process be completed as soon as possible so that your loan funds can be disbursed to your tuition account.
For fall terms, master promissory notes for the Federal Perkins Loan are scheduled for E-Signature by June 15th.
Once you have your PIN, the following steps should walk you through the process:
- Log on to ECSI’s website at http://www.ecsi.net/promM6
- Provide your Social Security Number, last name, and date of birth
- Provide your PIN when requested on the Student Authentication Network page
- Most pages require that you accept the terms by checking a box at the bottom of those pages.
- You must provide complete reference information for yourself, next of kin and two additional references who are not at one of the previously listed addresses.
- You must also include your driver’s license number, a state issued I.D. number or a passport number.
- Failure to complete all lines accurately will keep this loan from disbursing to your account.
- PROMISSORY NOTE - Read completely. Electronically sign at the bottom of the promissory note page. The electronic signature includes a check off box plus your full legal name.
If you have Questions concerning the Promissory Note or the Entrance Interview you may contact the Perkins Loan Officer.