Public Safety + University Police offer a number of services to the university community. To find out more, explore the links below:
• Closed Circuit TV Camera Surveillance & Recording
LUPD operates 113 CCTV cameras on campus to view and record suspicious and/or criminal activity to help keep the university community safe.
• Blue Light Emergency Phones - LUPD utilizes 32 blue light emergency phones across both campuses and tests them daily. This is another security measure to assist community members in distress or to report emergencies or crimes in progress.
• Alarm Monitoring – LUPD monitors several fire, intrusion and panic alarms across both campuses to ensure quick response and safe measures in handling these types of emergencies.
• Lost & Found Repository – LUPD’s office is the designated “lost and found” control center for the university. Found items are in to our property room and a considerable effort is made to find the owner(s) and return the property promptly. Those loosing or finding property can call 865-3434 or stop by LUPD headquarters located in Biever Hall.
• Motorist Vehicle Assistance – LUPD provides battery boosts, unlock vehicle service and tire change training to community members upon request.
• Free Fingerprinting Service – LUPD offers free fingerprinting to Loyola community members who may require this service for employment, graduate school admission or professional licensing.
• Emergency Medical Assistance – All LUPD officers and dispatchers are certified in American Red Cross First Aid, CPR and AED training to assist