On Tuesday, November 26, 2013 a visitor to the campus reported that he was doing research in the Monroe Library on the 3rd floor when he left his laptop computer and wallet unattended to make a phone call. The complainant stated that he was only away for seven minutes and upon returning discovered his laptop and wallet missing. The property is described as an Apple Macbook Air (no serial number available) and a brown leather wallet. The victim reported that he did not observe anyone in the area when he got up to use the telephone. The complainant declined a request to report the incident to NOPD.
• DO NOT LEAVE VALUABLES UNATTENDED – EVEN FOR A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME.
• Be aware of your surroundings. Take note of individuals sitting near you.
• Report suspicious activity immediately.
• Keep important information, such as serial numbers in a separate but accessible location – such as your cell phone.
• If you are the victim of a crime, report it immediately.