Petty Cash Reimbursements

Download the Petty Cash Reimbursement Form

Instructions for Petty Cash Reimbursements

  1. The Petty Cash Reimbursement form must be approved by a Dean, Department Head or Vice-President. An original signature is required on the Petty Cash form.
  2. Purchases are the responsibility of the person buying the goods. The university is NOT responsible to the vendor.  This is a reimbursement form only.
  3. Copies of the receipts and the Petty Cash Reimbursement form must be retained by the submitting department.
  4. Original register receipts (invoices, register receipts, credit card sales slips) must be submitted. Copies of these receipts will not be accepted. Receipts over sixty days will not be processed by a Petty Cash Reimbursement. 
  5. Reimbursement is limited to $200.00 per transaction and is available in the Bursar’s Office between the hours of 8:30AM and 3:30PM. Please DO NOT MAIL Petty Cash Reimbursements.  All reimbursements must be processed in the Bursar's Office.
  6. Petty Cash Reimbursement is NOT available for restricted or grant accounts (account numbers beginning with a “6" or an “8").
  7. For business meals only, all names of individuals present MUST be provided on the reimbursement form.
  8. Food purchased for large gatherings (greater than 10 people), individual names will NOT need to be listed.
  9. The use of the corresponding 4XXX object code is an available option.
  10. Listed below are the subcodes available through petty cash reimbursement.
Subcodes Description
3021 Janitorial and Maintenance Supplies
3027 Food and Beverage Supplies
3033 Repairs
3042 Postage
3064 Educational Programs
3072 Auto Expenses (oil changes, tires, inspections, etc.)
3077 Reproduction
3079 Membership Dues
3093 Parking, Tolls and Out of Town Business Meals
3097 Non-Travel Business Meals