Accounts Payable Check Disbursements
All check requests are processed through the Accounts Payable department of Financial Affairs. Approved and processed check requests and their corresponding documentation are submitted to the Bursar’s Office for disbursement. Upon completion of the check processing by the Bursar’s Office staff, departments are called to pick up their checks and those opting for mailing are mailed out.
Below are some guidelines to follow when submitting your check request:
- Always plan far enough in advance when requesting a check. Please allow at least two business days for approval and processing of check requests by Financial Affairs.
- If you have submitted a check request and would like to check the status, you can view screen F23 in the FRS system. You will need to know the actual departmental account number to verify if the check has been processed.
- Please specifically denote, in the space provided on the check request, whether the check should be mailed directly by the Bursar’s Office or if the department will pick up the check.
- The Bursar’s Office WILL make a courtesy call, to the department who submitted the check request, to inform them that the check is ready for pickup.
- The Bursar’s Office is only allowed to release the check to the submitting department, not the individual to whom the check is issued.
- Upon picking up checks from the Bursar’s Office, the department representative will have to sign and date the check copy to indicate proof of receipt.
Your consideration of these procedures will help ensure the fastest processing of the check requests through the Bursar’s Office.